1. Recovering America's Wildlife Act-- bill introduced in Congress. See News item on the homepage for information. Please let your Representative know you support this bill. And ask your Representative to become a co-sponsor of this bill. Representative Tipton became a co-sponsor in late February. We thank him. Rep. Polis also has become a co-sponsor and we thank him, too. So far, there are more than 60 House co-sponsors.
2. Greater Sage Grouse - Colorado public comment period ends August 2. Please submit comments to BLM. Call us for information - 303-987-0400 or email email@example.com We also will send out a detailed email alert during hte week of July 16.
3. Rio Grande National Forest - public comment period on draft plan closed December 29
Public comments on the draft plan for the Rio Grande National Forest closed December 29. See item under News for CWF\'s comments submitted to the US Forest Service. Our comment letter focuses upon wildlife connectivity between the RIo Grande National Forest and the Carson and SantaFe National Forests in northern New Mexico, and the need to designate bighorn sheep in the Rio Grande National Forest as a "species of conservation concern."
4. Colorado Parks and Wildlife Hunting, Fishing, and Parks for Future Generations bill (S.B. 18-143) - has been signed by the Governor. It had passed the Senate and the House (April 19). It was introduced in the Colorado Senate by co-sponsors Senators Stephen Fenberg and Don Coram. The House co-sponsors are Representatives Jeni Arndt and Jim Wilson.
See information and link to the text under News on this homepage.
5. South Park lands managed by BLM
We are expecting the draft environmental impact statement to be issued this summer (2018) for lands BLM manages in eastern Colorado and to also address the landscape level in South Park. BLM had issued preliminary alternatives in March 2017 for managing these public lands in South Park. When the draft doc is issued there will be an important public comment period (expected in late summer 2018) . Stay tuned.